Large-scale social change requires broad cross-sector coordination. Our aim is to affect needle-moving change and we believe that long-term investment by stakeholders is necessary to make this change. The SOS LIP Council is a group of organisations working to develop an integrated approach that will fundamentally improve newcomer outcomes in our community. To this effect, the SOS LIP Council, established in 2014, embodies the principles of Collective Impact. These include:
• Funders and implementers understand that social problems, and their solutions, arise from the interaction of many organisations within a larger system
• Progress depends on working toward the same goal and measuring the same things
• Large scale impact depends on increasing cross-sector alignment and learning among many organisations
• Corporate and government sectors are essential partners
• Organisations actively coordinate their action and share lessons learned
The SOS LIP Council is committed to measuring progress along a common agenda, promoting alignment among the goals of different organizations, and using collaborative problem solving for an ongoing learning community.
Fay Hanleybrown, John Kania, & Mark Kramer: Channeling Change: Making Collective Impact Work