SOICS provides interactive English language training for eligible immigrant adults through the Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada (LINC) program. In-class language instruction incorporates topics such as housing, banking, transportation and community resources that are essential to function and participate in Canadian society.
- The LINC program offers 3 language levels: Beginner (CLB Level 1-3), Intermediate (CLB Level 4-5) and Advanced (CLB Level 6-8)
- All LINC instructors have Teacher of English as a Second Language (TESL) Canada recognized credentials
- Licensed childminding facility for children aged 1 month to 5 years old available at no cost for parents/grandparents attending LINC class
- While enrolled in LINC class, students also have access to computer English language training software
- An English level placement test is conducted to determine your current CLB English level
- In-house resource lending library
- Fieldtrips catered towards using your learning in real life situations
The CLB-OSA is an online self-assessment tool for people who are interested in assessing their English as a Second Language (ESL). These tests are based on the Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB) and will assess your language proficiency in reading and listening.Online English Self-Assesment Tool
How to Enroll? All of SOICS’ services are free for eligible immigrants. For more information on becoming a SOICS client and getting registered for LINC classes, please visit Getting Started at SOICS. To make an appointment, please call or visit one of our offices.